As much as I would love to bake a sourdough with a quirky named starter, the thought of nurturing it like a new born baby is overwhelming. Although, I wont be surprised if I do give in and set myself on the quarantine sourdough baking path, and I know its just a matter of time when I will be baking sourdough on repeat. But until then, we will continue to make and bake easy, delicious recipes. If you know me, you know that I am all about simple and easy to whip recipes, which brings me to these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. I have baked over 7 batches of these muffins in the past two weeks and there is no stopping! The fact that they are light, irresistibly delicious and free of processed sugar and flour is enough to start and end my day with one of these muffins. They remind me of better and brighter days, sweet moments with friends and families and just what we all need these days….. sunshine!
Hang in there friends, we will soon be meeting/hugging our favorite people, mingling and celebrating, but until it is safe to do so, bake yourself a batch or two of these muffins and share them with your neighbors, friends, families and those around you.
Love always, S
Recipe adapted from: eatingbirdfood
Ingredients (for 6-8 muffins)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 5 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- Juice and Zest of One Lemon
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, and mix everything together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix to incorporate everything together.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter and bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool COMPLETELY.