And we’re back after what appears to be the longest break in the history of this blog. While this break wasn’t planned, it gave me an opportunity to experiment with a variety of new/ healthy dishes. I cannot wait to share all my delicious kitchen experiments with you. The first time I made this Tuna salad was mere accident, I was out of groceries and all I had was a can of tuna and some left over veggies. Ever since I made it for the first time, this Tuna salad has been on repeat this summer. It is delicious on its own or on toasted focaccia with some cheese for a tuna salad sandwich. I love a no fuss, one bowl quick meals and this recipe is just that…. easy, quick, flavorful and full of nutrients. I hope you enjoy making it as much as I do! xx
2 (5 oz) Cans Tuna in water
1 Stalk Celery, finely chopped
1 Small Avocado (Ripe), chopped
1 Shallot, chopped
Handful Fresh parsley, minced
2 Tablespoons Caper Berries
2-3 Cherry Tomatoes, split in half
Juice of Half Lemon
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Crumbled Feta, optional
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add all the veggies to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Open tuna cans and drain the liquid out. Add the tuna to the bowl, use a fork to break tuna chunks. Mix everything well.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta and serve as desired.