One of these tiny truffles is enough to make you feel ecstatic, no matter the mood or the time of day! Regardless of the size, they pack a powerful nutrient punch and are equally delicious. It takes less than 30 minutes to make a dozen truffles. The ingredient list is pretty simple and the recipe is customizable. For e.g. you can replace peanut butter or almond butter with any other nut butter of choice. I also add a handful of crushed raw nuts to the mix but it is entirely optional. Goji berries in the recipe can be replaced by raisins or any other dried berries.
P.S. I highly recommend tasting the mixture for sweetness and consistency before stuffing with almond butter and coating with dark chocolate.
3 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter (for stuffing)
1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Carob or Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder (can be substituted with carob or cocoa powder)
5 Dates, pitted (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, if dry)
1-2 Teaspoons Dry Goji Berries
1-2 Teaspoons Raw Cacao Nibs, optional
2 Teaspoons Protein Powder, I used Vanilla flavored
Maple Syrup/Coconut Milk, as needed
Handful of Raw Nuts
Dark chocolate chips, for coating
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Add the pitted dates, goji berries and raw nuts to a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Now add peanut butter (3 tablespoons), coconut flour, protein powder, cacao powder, carob/cocoa powder and cocoa nibs and process for a minute or until the mixture is sticky.
- Taste the mixture and adjust sweetness as needed by adding maple syrup or more dates.
- Take a spoonful of mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. If the mixture doesn’t hold together, add a few drops of maple syrup or coconut milk to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 equal portions and roll into balls. Make a tiny hole in the ball using back of a small spoon or fork, and stuff the hole with almond butter. Cover the hole and place the stuffed balls in the refrigerator.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil on a double boiler or in microwave.
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator, dip each ball into melted dark chocolate and place on a plate/tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with some hemp hearts and place the truffles in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.