There is something extremely satisfying about a slice of Banana bread slathered with butter (nut butter in this case) with a cup of coffee! I love the combination of bananas with nut butter to provide more nutrients and make it more filling. Cashew butter is rich in heart-healthy fats, essential amino acids and magnesium. Figs are a great source of fiber and minerals such as magnesium, calcium (which promotes bone density) and potassium (which helps lower blood pressure), and vitamins K and B6. The combination of all these powerful super-foods results in one heck of a banana bread. Recipe below makes one (9X5) loaf. Left overs can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for a week.
Recipe inspired from one of my favorite Instagram accounts Fitandwellmedgal.
3 Ripe Bananas
2 Eggs or 2 Tablespoons Flax seeds soaked in 6 Tablespoons of Water (to make it vegan)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Cashew Butter
2 Tablespoons Dried Figs, chopped
2 Tablespoons Nuts, chopped
Dried figs, Seeds and Nuts for Topping, optional
Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add eggs and cashew butter and mix well until creamy. You can also use a hand mixer, I did it with my hands using a bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Now add melted coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and coconut flour and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped nuts and figs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with additional figs, nuts and seeds (I used Sesame Seeds) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before serving.